ASLA Council of Fellows
The designation of Fellow is conferred on individuals by the national ASLA in recognition of exceptional accomplishments in landscape architecture over a sustained period of time.
Elections are based on recognition of professional excellence and outstanding accomplishments as represented in the nomination materials presented by the nominee’s chapter. Fellows are landscape architects with at least ten years of full membership in ASLA, elected to the Fellowship in honor of their outstanding contributions to the profession. Categories for nomination and election are: Works, Leadership/Management, Knowledge and Service.
The nominating committee reviews eligible candidate nominations and applications and works closely with each applicant to develop the nomination package. To be eligible, nominees must:
- Be an ASLA Full Member in good standing
- Have achieved at least 10 continuous years as a Full Member at the time of nomination.
- Have demonstrated exceptional contribution over an extended period of time.
- Have had a significant impact on the public and the profession
- Have received recognition for that contribution and its impact from multiple sources.
Colorado ASLA Fellows
The list below includes the 35 current, active, or emeritus member Fellows from or currently residing in Colorado.
Updated June 21, 2019
- Jerry Adamson, L.A. at HNTB, Denver
- Russ Adsit, Project Manager Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Grand Junction, CO
- Mary Bates, DHM Design at Durango
- Kenn Bates, Principal, Durango Custom Works, LLC: Durango
- Robert Budz, Retired, National Park Service, Denver
- Craig Coronato, Denver Parks and Recreation
- Joe Crystal, Retired, National Park Service, Denver
- Kurt Culbertson, Principal C.E.O., Design Workshop, Aspen
- Angela Dye, A. Dye Design, Telluride, CO
- Phil Flores, Retired, P.E. Flores Assoc., Denver
- Don Godi, Retired, Registered Consulting Arborist, / D.H. Godi & Assoc., Inc, Golden
- Tom Hawkey, Retired, Denver Parks and Rec.
- Mark Johnson, Principal, Civitas, Inc., Denver
- Heather Kinkade, Principal, Forgotten Rain LLC, Cody, WY / Executive Director ARCSA
- Robby Layton, Principal Emeritus, Design Concepts; Professor Metro State
- Jana D. McKenzie, Logan Simpson, Fort Collins
- Allyson Mendenhall, Design Workshop
- Lynn Moore, Davis Partnership, Denver
- Ann Mullins, Principal WJM Design, City council Aspen, CO
- Gerald Patten, Retired, National Park Service, Denver
- Merlyn Paulson, Retired, C.S.U. Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- Dean Pearson, Principal, The Architerra Group, Inc. Littleton
- Jodie Peterson, Div. Director, National Park Service, Denver
- Dennis Rubba, Principal, Studio INSITE, LLC
- Herb Schaal, Retired, AECOM, Bellvue, CO
- Richard Shaw, Principal, Design Workshop, Aspen, CO
- Patrick Shea, Retired, National Park Service, Denver
- Troy Sibelius, Vice President, The Buckner CO, Denver
- Bob Smith, Retired, DHM Design, Denver, CO
- Stan Specht, Retired, United States Forestry Service, world traveler, Lakewood, CO
- Jim Verdone, Principal, VLA, P.C., Jackson Hole, WY
- Bill Vitek, Principal, Dig Studio
- Larry Walling, Retired, National Park Service, Littleton, CO
- Bill Wenk, Principal, Wenk Associates, Inc., Denver
- Carol Whipple, Retired, National Park Service, Denver
- Dave Jensen
- Gene Eyerly
- Dick Marshall
Council Of Fellows Nomination Schedule
Final Nominations Submitted to National
National Jury Convenes to Select Class of Fellows
Class of Fellows Induction at ASLA Annual Meeting