1566 Saint Paul Street
Denver, CO 80206
Website Baseline Engineering
Position Title: Landscape Architect
Reports To: Senior Landscape Architect
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Colorado Springs, CO; Golden, CO; Loveland, CO; Steamboat Springs, CO
General Summary: The Landscape Architect will lead efforts in the development of land areas for projects such as parks, recreational facilities, parkways, schools, land subdivisions, commercial centers, industrial sites, and residential developments. They will work closely with clients, architects, engineers, planners, designers & municipalities towards plan approvals and construction documents. They will assist the Senior Landscape Architect in training and mentoring designer level staff and shall be able to effectively delegate and prioritize tasks. Currently the Landscape team works solely out of the Golden office but this position is open to any of our locations with flexible hybrid/remote work options.
· Manage/coordinate efforts of cross-functional teams, be a liaison with other professionals on projects.
· Preparation of site plans, working drawings, specifications, details, and cost estimates for land development, showing ground contours, vegetation, locations of structures, and such facilities as roads, walks, parking areas, fences, walls, and utilities, coordination arrangement of existing and proposed land features and structures.
· Use of AutoCAD/Civil3D and other software to develop plans and graphic representation of projects.
· Inspections of construction work in progress or complete to ensure compliance with landscape specifications, to approve the quality of materials and work, and to advise client and construction personnel on landscape features.
· Assist with training and mentorship of designers and investment in the growth the Landscape Architecture team at Baseline.
· Project Management and ability to work closely with clients, external consultants and other internal divisions.
· Writing and coordination of proposals and change orders on a variety of pursuits.
· Generation of new business opportunities and apply marketing skills to develop clients.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· $70,000 – $80,000 Annually
· Attend and present at public meetings.
· Assist in developing departmental standards.
· Provide cross-training in areas of expertise.
· Ability, speed, and precision to work autonomously on design drawings and production of construction documents is required.
· Experience and strength in delegating tasks and mentoring designer staff members.
· Comfort in managing clients and projects, establishing deadlines and leading submittal processes.
· Experience in Project Management of multi-disciplinary projects and proposal writing.
· Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal, to adequately and professional convey ideas and plans.
· Strong analytical and information integration skills.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD or Civil3D, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), 3D graphic experience a plus, Irrigation experience (CID) a plus.
Education and Training:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program.
· Must be licensed in Colorado or able to receive reciprocity.
· Approximately 5-8 years of landscape experience.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. May regularly drive a company vehicle.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org