About Our Job
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI), through its employees, enhances the quality of life in Denver by efficiently delivering effective, high quality, safe and equitable public infrastructure, and services.
For more information, please visit the DOTI website.
DOTI’s Commitment to Equity:
- DOTI is committed to providing attention and resources to the areas, assets, and people of the city with the greatest need through equitable contracting, equitable investments, and equitable workforce development.
- DOTI’s culture revolves around four key principles: (1) Invest in Our People, (2) Operate with Discipline, (3) Use Data to Drive Decisions, and (4) Deliver Results.
DOTI is committed to being a leader in green infrastructure and is growing the Office of Green Infrastructure into the Division of Green Infrastructure! The Division of Green Infrastructure is responsible for advancing green infrastructure policies, programs and projects that improve watersheds, create healthier built environments, and result in a more equitable and climate resilient Denver. With this growth comes an exciting opportunity for a talented, experienced, and passionate Green Infrastructure Project Manager II position. The Project Manager II position will:
- Perform project management work by managing, coordinating, and providing technical oversight on large and site-scale green infrastructure capital improvement projects including project initiation, scoping, and project coordination with other city departments, elected officials, affected community and business organizations, and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Guide project designs and review construction drawings for quality, technical competence, code and standard compliance, and constructability.
- Serve as technical expert and respond to questions and concerns during the entire green infrastructure project life cycle, monitor the progress and quality during construction, and resolve problems by identifying strategies and approaches to overcome project barriers.
- Track project budgets, schedules, and cost estimates/projections to better understand green infrastructure costs per control measure and identify future implementation strategies that can lower costs and/or improve performance based on collaboration with project designers, construction PMs, maintenance team, and by reviewing monitoring data.
- Develop communication plans and related project status reports for key stakeholders and provides updates on project benefits, activities, and schedule.
- Matrix manages and/or coordinates and directs the work of consultants and related city personnel who have been assigned responsibility for various green infrastructure projects to ensure project success.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Flexible approach for working individually as well as in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Proven communication, conflict resolution, facilitation and decision-making skills to build consensus across diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong technical and analytical skills to collect and use data to drive decisions and deliver results
- 5 or more years of experience in the design and construction of transformative green infrastructure projects in highly constrained environments
- A passion for innovation, environmental protection, and climate resilience
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of professional project management experience in the related occupational group including planning, managing, and scheduling projects and preparing and reviewing contract documents.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License/Certifications: By position, requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application.