1566 Saint Paul Street
Denver, CO 80206
Website Ecoscape Environmental Design
ECOSCAPE ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN IS SEEKING A LANDSCAPE DESIGN & SALES CONSULTANT TO JOIN AN AMAZING AND DIVERSE TEAM OF FOLKS DEDICATED TO CREATING LANDSCAPES THAT ARE GOOD FOR PEOPLE AND PLANET.
The Landscape Design & Sales Consultant is responsible for designing and selling landscape installation projects from start to finish. This full time salaried position reports to the General Manager and requires close collaboration with clients to evaluate project requirements, the Estimator to create project proposals and produce a complete set of construction drawings, and the Landscape Installation and Planting and Enhancements team before, during, and after construction.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Ecoscape is a locally-owned business highly regarded for their environmental ethics and ecological approach to landscaping. Ecoscape offers a full range of residential landscape design, installation, and maintenance services, including winter snow plow services. Specializing in outdoor living environments enhanced by native and edible plantings, appropriate soil fertility, and water conservation, services are individually customized to enrich land and lifestyle.
The Ecoscape team is a diverse and dynamic group of fascinating beings that share the vision of creating beautiful, ecologically sound, and functional landscapes. The family-style culture at Ecoscape promotes a great deal of idea sharing and collaboration. The company is fully committed to supporting their employees’ personal and professional well-being not only because they understand the direct correlation to the customer experience, but also because they genuinely care.
Job Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
Working in an innovative company that offers a range of services in a small business environment means key tasks can vary a great deal during the span of daily operations.
Primary responsibilities and tasks of this position include but are not limited to:
SALES + DESIGN
● Establish client criteria and requirements for each project
● Facilitate client meetings throughout the various stages of the sales process
● Collaborate with the Estimator to create client estimates and project proposals (including change orders, if applicable)
● Prepare designs, drawings, and complete scope of work with measurements and call-outs for the estimator prior to final sales presentation.
● Lead, manage, and schedule collaborative design presentation meetings and sales meetings
● Track information on leads and status in the sales pipeline
● Meet annual project sales goal of $1,500,000
● Design approximately $2M in installation projects annually
● Generate $60K-$75K in revenue from design fees annually
INSTALLATION PREPARATION + SUPPORT
● Produce landscape designs, plans, and construction drawings for multi-stakeholder use
● Generate accompanying plant lists to compliment landscape designs
● Facilitate the transition phases of a project pipeline from design to sales to scheduling to completion of construction
● Procure necessary vendors/subcontractors/materials in consideration of lead times and budgetary requirements
● Collaborate with the Landscape Installation Manager during the construction phase to anticipate/manage scope creep and ensure successful and timely project completion
● Maintain tracking mechanism for all in progress projects in various phases
● Update LMN (landscape management software system) regularly to reflect current project status and relevant project information
● Schedule and participate regularly in design meetings with the team including Estimator, Landscape Installation Manager, General Manager, Irrigation Manager (as needed), and select members of the Plantings + Enhancements team (as needed) with the following objectives:
○ Review design project pipeline including completed, current, and future designs
○ Monitor best practices in design, sales and installations and provide recommendations
○ Work collaboratively with team members to streamline design, construction and sales workflow processes (including feedback from all installation team members)
○ Assist with continual development of Ecoscape’s design style (balancing function and form with Ecology and Permaculture)
Successful performance of the Landscape Design & Sales Consultant is primarily measured by their ability to meet individual goals and support company objectives. This includes meeting sales goals, and considers client satisfaction reviews, as well as feedback from team members.
Skills and Qualifications:
An Ecoscape employee is a team player; committed to effective collaboration, process efficiency, and innovation where appropriate and needed. They promote and demonstrate regular commitment to the
Ecoscape philosophy and company values, and their primary objective is to provide excellent customer service, as they understand that everyone is a customer.
● Possess excellent interpersonal communication, verbal, and written communication skills
● Communicates expectations professionally and clearly in a timely manner
● Demonstrates aptitude in start to finish sales processes and possesses advanced closing skills
● Possesses excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
● Successfully manages multiple stakeholders simultaneously
● Enjoys working in a fast paced environment where priorities may regularly shift
● Meets goals and projected deadlines in a timely manner
● Is passionate and knowledgeable about plants and has an innate desire to create exceptional landscape designs
● Maintains a balanced approach to business management and people management
● Promotes the company’s philosophy, vision, and values
● Possesses a learning mindset and exhibits adaptability
● Advanced knowledge of landscape design, construction, and maintenance processes
● Skilled at producing landscape design and construction drawings including hand drafting and CAD production
● Demonstrates proficiency in Sketchup and/or Adobe Illustrator
● Has experience using LMN landscape management software or has a willingness to learn
● Possesses a strong work ethic, and works well independently and collaboratively
● Is able to stay motivated and is self-directed
● Demonstrates a high level emotional intelligence, honesty, and integrity
● Experience with $100K+ projects
● Extensive knowledge and love of Horticulture (2-3 years minimum of being a plant geek)
● Possesses a degree or commensurate experience in Landscape Architecture or Design
● A proven track record of $1-$2M+ in annual design sales
● 5-10+ years in Landscaping industry
● 10+ years of design experience
● 5+ years of sales experience
● 3+ years of CAD experience
● Must be able to lift between 50-80 lbs
● Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to and from the office and specific project sites when needed
● May be subject to loud noises from the operation of machinery
● Position may sometimes require working outdoors in inclement weather around heavy machinery
COMPENSATION: $55K – $65K DOE
BENEFITS: Full time salaried employees enjoy 10 days of PTO and 7 paid holidays per year, an annual health benefit of $2,500, and an annual bonus commensurate with performance and work history with the company. Ecoscape also offers a mileage reimbursement program, and as applicable to specific positions and as available, use of a company vehicle, and cell phone reimbursement.
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter including samples of work product/portfolio (designs, hand renderings, CAD drawings, and photos of completed projects), and at least 3 references (minimum 2 professional/academic).
ECOSCAPE ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN IN AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, GENDER IDENTITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, NON-DISQUALIFYING PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER BASIS COVERED BY APPROPRIATE LAW.
To apply for this job email your details to Hiring@EcoscapeDesign.com