Kaart is hiring for a Colorado Professional Licensed Landscape Architect! As part of Kaart Planning, LLC you will be taking over the lead position for all of the existing Landscape Architecture planning, and design projects, while transitioning into the expansion of the department and clientele, You will have the opportunity to shadow the outgoing (retiring) principle of the department absorbing as much as you can from his 40 years of experience. Ultimately this position has the responsibility of significant client contact, marketing and proposals, project management, public presentations for planning projects, design management, and all traditional duties of a Senior Landscape Architect.
We feel very lucky to be living in Grand Junction, Colorado. From the jaw dropping sunsets across our mesa to the snow-capped mountains on the horizon. Our community is filled with many who have deep appreciation for the outdoors, and the community of Grand Junction focuses on the fact that life is meant to live fully. 15 minutes out your door you will find endless hiking, biking trails, and river opportunities. At Kaart, we encourage our employees to seek work-life balance and enjoy time outside, with family and friends.
- Directs and administers the review, approval, and/or preparation of necessary documents for projects.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with builders, clients, and governmental planning staffs
- Directly responsible for the examination and/or preparation of plans to ensure proper content, form, and compliance with Colorado revised statutes and local regulations.
- Directs and administers the establishment and maintenance of critical documents.
- Plans and/or facilitates staff on all planning projects.
- Directs the preparation of all planning submittals..
- Develops and/or participates in the development of staff work plans, measures and tracks progress towards goals, prepares and conducts timely and constructive performance appraisals.
- Coaches, counsels, and supports staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supports creative thinking and problem solving and encourages participatory decision-making when appropriate.
- Demonstrates a respectful attitude towards customers and coworkers that promotes teamwork, open communication, and effective customer service.
- Exercises appropriate level of initiative and judgment to make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices of landscape architecture and determining best practices for each project.
- Solid proficiency with contemporary landscape architecture methods and software.
- Strong knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations that pertain to licensure, planning, and design.
- Strong attention to detail.
Ability to interpret design plans, review for accuracy, and adjust for timely project completion.
- Ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and in writing.
- Comfort in presenting to crowds.
- Proven ability to complete all technical aspects of a landscape architecture task.
- Reputation as a trusted and respected member of the community.
- Knowledge of all facets of landscape construction; irrigation knowledge is a plus.
- Experience producing contract documents for construction
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Reasonably proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office; other graphics software.
- A degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited school.
- A Colorado Professional Landscape Architecture license, as stated in the Colorado Revised Statutes.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience as a professional landscape architect.
- An additional three (3) years of increasingly responsible supervisory experience that may include supervising landscape architects, planners, and designers is required.
- Experience researching local regulations and requirements.
- A valid Colorado driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles.
- Pleasant demeanor
- Comfort in presenting to crowds
- The ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch are required.
- The ability to visually differentiate between colors and grayscale to read plans and work in AutoCAD
This position requires 40+ hours per week, occasional evening presentations, occasional travel.
Starting salary will be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity. Submit portfolio with application.