Livable Cities Studio is a design studio based in Denver and focused on addressing the needs of the rapidly changing urban environment in our cities. Our work revolves around people and design with a social and environmental purpose, emphasizing the new and expanded roles of infrastructure, as a city-shaping agent, and the public realm in creating livable cities. Our studio culture is highly collaborative and promotes diversity and flexibility in the workplace. We value applicants who are excited to take on a variety of tasks, further develop our office culture, diversify our skillset, or otherwise expand our practice. We are looking for passionate, creative, and highly motivated individuals to join our team and help shape the future of our cities in a fun and stimulating environment.
Livable Cities Studio is looking for a full-time landscape architect and project manager with 8-12 years of experience to join a growing team on a variety of urban design and landscape architecture projects focused on the planning and design of neighborhoods, streetscapes, urban parks and plazas. Our ideal applicant is invested in public work, has a passion for design concept to completion, has positive-energy, is organized, collaborative and an excellent communicator.
What We Are Looking For:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Architecture or an equivalent degree.
- 8-12 years proven work experience in a design firm environment.
- Registered/licensed P.L.A. in Colorado
- Exceptional design and technical skills with demonstrated experience of executed project work and/or implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with built work and ideally 4+ completed built projects.
- Proven interdisciplinary project and management experience including managing projects and tasks, schedule, budget, external consultant teams, internal team delegation and direction of work.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing project teams and consultants.
- Comfortability and experience serving as a mentor to junior staff.
- Exceptional level of design expertise and proficiency in developing design content in the areas of parks, streetscapes and public realm projects, including all phases of design and construction.
- Experience with applied green infrastructure design, ecologically-based design and planting solutions, and best practices.
- Professional communications skills and ability to maintain strong client relationships.
- Support in BD efforts. Ability to develop project scopes and budgets, prepare proposals, and participate in interviews.
Other professional skills/qualifications that would be valuable to the firm are:
- Experience in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up or other 3D applications and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong graphic capabilities (analogue and digital).
What You’ll Be Getting:
- Opportunities to grow, learn, and take on leadership roles in a collaborative and supportive studio environment.
- A flexible work environment with a hybrid weekly schedule (3 days in the office).
- A dog-friendly office with a work/life balance.
- Support for training and professional development based on your interests and career growth.
- A highly collaborative work culture and an approachable team and engaged principals.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Paid time off (PTO) starting with 15 days off per year and increases with more time at the firm.
- Full Health benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental.
- 401k plan
- Year-end performance bonus.
- Significant company contributions to transit passes or annual bike maintenance costs.
- Company sponsored professional memberships.
Please send a cover letter, resume, work samples and one work reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Work examples must include implemented projects. Please include “Landscape Architect” in the subject line. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.