Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our chapter’s DEI Committee began with two simple questions:
- How can the profession of landscape architecture better reflect the diversity we see in our communities?
- What does inclusive design look like?
We want to explore these questions from as many angles as we can, with a firm belief that the best designs are a result of an intentionally inclusive process with an equitable outcome. Our committee serves to:
- Provide a lens to view the current work ASLA Colorado is doing, and to cast a broad net of inclusion, making our profession more accessible.
- Create and facilitate events that address issues of equity within the built environment.
- Cultivate lasting and meaningful relationships with our communities, with the hopes of attracting people of diverse backgrounds into the profession of landscape architecture.
We partner with other local groups and organizations as we work towards these goals and are always looking for more people to join our DEI committee.